Saturday, June 6, 2009

Takoyaki Day


My Mommy had a Takoyaki party this weekend. What's Takoyaki? It is a soft, doughy ball that is grilled on a hot plate with a piece of Octopus inside. In Japanese Octopus is called Tako. When you grill a food you put "yaki" either at the beginning or end (don't ask me where, I am a baby). If you are having grilled beef you can say "yakiniku" or if you are having chicken on a stick you can call it "yakitori". I am just a baby but I already know almost as much Japanese as my daddy - YEAH! You also put chives and some little crunchy pieces of fried batter in the Takoyaki. They are using a Takoyaki plate which has a bunch of half circles to pour the batter and place the tako. Once the Takoyaki is done on one side you flip it over and let the other side cook. You then pour on a sauce that's kind of a cross between ketsup and worcestershire sauce and a little Japanese mayonaise. I haven't tasted Takoyaki yet but it sure looks YUMMY!



Mommy's friend Aya, me and Mommy after some yummy Takoyaki.


No comments:

Post a Comment