Sunday, June 14, 2009

I like food!


Well, we decided to try rice cereal yesterday. Momoka is absolutely enthralled when we eat. She will follow that fork or spoon right up to the pie hole and then makes some little lip smacking noises once the utensil finds its target. Here's the cereal we fed her . . . . .

With a name like "Happybellies" it's got to be good, right?



Mixed with a little formula and viola, a gourmet feast



First a little milk to make sure I am not too hungry and I don't get too frustrated with this whole eating thing . . . . . .



Hmmmm, not bad but the food Mommy and Daddy eat looks and smells better than this stuff . . . .



Got any chocolate or caramel sauce you can put on the top of this shredded cardboard?



Mommy says I've got to chew my food and I would if Daddy would just get the food in my mouth instead of on my face. Messy Daddy!



Happybellies is OK but my thumb tastes better!



Mommy had a great idea of using a baby spoon with some formula to practice eating with. We had done the "practice" feeding a couple of times before we went full bore with the real stuff. Great idea Mommy - she knew what to expect! Here's a photo with our little gal practicing with her spoon.


Hey Daddy how about one of those spaghetti and meat sauce MRE's I keep hearing about!

3 comments:

  1. No MRE's for Momochi those things just look NASTY - although I know sooooo many eat and enjoy them :) That looks like some good cereal...where do you find that type? All I see is Gerber everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer we bought that particular brand of cereal at Babies R Us. It has all the right stuff on the label - DHA and ARA added, organic, no added sugar. Hey, with a name like Happybellies - you can't go wrong! One thing we did today was make the edamame a little thicker. Momoka attacked the spoon and seemed to do better with the thicker consistency. We were both so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah - as far as the MRE's are concerned the last time I had them it seemed like some were better than others. Trading a spaghetti and meatballs for something gross like a ham steak or egg and ham omelet could turn you from zero to hero in a heartbeat As a general rule Sailors should never be allowed around MRE's because we don't appreciate them like the Army and USMC does - HAH HAH!

    ReplyDelete