Saturday, June 20, 2009

Newer, better, tastier!


Mommy has prepared for me a rice dish babies in Japan eat. It is called Okayu and is rice that is cooked very, very well and then mashed up.



Mommy then put the Okayu is some small muffic cups and placed it in the freezer. It's a real time saver because Okayu takes time to boil down to ensure it is soft enough. Here's what it looks like frozen. My Mommy is very smart don't you think?



Oh boy, here's the first veggie I ate. My Mommy got some freeze dried baby food from Japan and we all decided that I should try edamame (soybeans) and green peas first.



Here's what the cubes of freeze dried food look like. You mix one cube with 2/3 teaspoon of hot water. It's a small portion,which is perfect for me and it is very convenient for Mommy.



I know it doesn't look too appetizing but who cares? I am a baby and I don't know any better yet (did you expect it to look like a Big Mac?). It tastes good because my Daddy tried some and he told me it was tasty.



Here's what it looks like mixed. Next my Mommy mixes the veggies with Okayu and I'm ready for chow!



Gochiso sama deshita



I can't believe I ate the whole thing . . . . . .



Hey Dumbo and Pooh san, food is good! Note - terror chair is getting more and more acceptable. We've added one of the chair toys back. My new game is to knock my toys off the tray of terror chair and wait for Mommy or Daddy to pick them up and put them back on the tray. I knock them off again, squawk, and Mommy and Daddy come back over and put them back on the tray. It's so much fun, I could do this for hours!

1 comment:

  1. LOL - gotta love that Japanese baby food, wish there was some place to buy it here! Maybe mail order? Hmmmmm.... Edamame would be my first choice too - Oishi!

    Glad to see that Terror Chair is getting better too - we play the same game at our house, except it is in the high chair! LOL!

    ReplyDelete