Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finally, some new photos

OK, OK, so shoot me. Yes it has been a very long time since I have put anything here. Momma is much better about posting pictures than me and I highly recommend you drop by her site to check up on Momoka. The site is in Japanese but the pictures are better and posted more often.

Sorry I haven't been better at posting pictures. I don't want to bore anyone with all the reasons. I have been traveling a lot and have been involved in a number of bilateral exercises and projects however that's just an excuse so I won't go there.

Our gal has, in my opinion, moved out of the realm of toddler and into the small child category. She gets around just fine and is more than capable of letting you know what she wants. She is using three word sentences and is quite the little chatterbox. She is so quick to pick up words and use them in sentences to get what she wants or to explain how she feels. Truly amazing.

She is speaking mostly Japanese now and I can't even begin to count how many words she knows. The fact she is speaking Japanese is mostly a function of me being gone a lot on travel. Momma and I made a deal that she would speak Japanese and I would speak English to Momoka so she would be bilingual. I guess I better get to work!

She is such a great little girl and has truly been a blessing in our lives. We are so lucky she came to us. She has brought us such joy and happiness. Here's a few action photos . . . .

I love to slide!

That must have been one boring book . . . . .


Scribbling is good too (note tongue - she must have been very serious about that scribble) . . . . .


This is at Discovery Zone in Hawaii. The footprints are from some recent Sumo greats. I think she's got a ways to go to fill some of those shoes. Tiny feet - too cute!

Fireman Momo to the rescue!

Walking with my friends . . . . .

GYUUUUUUUUUUU! (means hug)


Don't even think of pushing an elevator button with this little one around . . . .


I love cans! I am not sure why, but she has a fascination with soda and juice cans. If we go to Costco and she gets on the can aisle you can forget it. She wanders from case to case touching the cans and won't leave until she is good and ready.

4 comments:

  1. Finally! Thanks for letting me know, I had almost given up :p

    Wow - Momoka is getting so big and mature :( Adorable as she always has been...growing too fast.

    Thanks for the update - you'll have to check our blog in the next day or so, Sakura chan was reunited at a mini Dosokai with two of her room mates from Okada San's - the only one missing was Momoka :( Sniff, sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments on the photos are funny! I laughed aloud at the boring book one!

    She is getting big and such a beauty! How awesome that she is speaking booth languages. Impressive.
    -Samantha (Kaori's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, her English is way behind her Japanese. Right now that's not a problem so much but will be if we stay in the states for kindergarten. If we move back to Japan next (which I hope to do) then I am off the hook just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel and Misao! Wow! I can't believe how much Momoka has grown! She is so beautiful!!! Such lovely pictures. Loved catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete